What should debate moderators ask the New York City mayoral candidates?
Submit a short question below for the candidates on an issue you care about.
Here are some tips that will make your question more interesting to debate moderators:
- Make it personal. This is extremely important. Moderators will be looking for questions that provide personal stories or a connection to the question. (For example, "I graduated deeply in debt..." or "My student loans prevent me from...")
- Make it current. Good facts or statistics to back up your question are helpful, and tying it to something current in the news should really catch debate moderators' eyes.
- Open-ended questions that call for a detailed response are better than yes/no questions.
- Be specific. Limit your question to a single, clearly articulated topic.
- Submit questions as a civically engaged person, not as an organization.
- Make sure your question could be posed to either candidate, or both of them.
- Don't reference either candidate in the question or the supporting text.
(Your name, question and supporting text may be made public.)